We choose to rise out of the storm and see that in moments of desperation, fear, and helplessness, each of us can be a rainbow of hope, doing what we can to extend ourselves in kindness and grace to one another. And we know for sure that is not them – there’s only us.
Uttam Kisan Samman
Initiative - for those farmers who take extra effort to improve their agricultural productivity. These farmers proved to be an inspiration for many. They not only adopt innovative techniques but also apply unique methodologies to supplement their incomes. To honour such people of high caliber, Rashtriya Uttarakhand Sabha has come up with this bright approach to bring them into the limelight, so that they not only escalate their potential, however, inspire thousands of lives around.
Eleven noblemen doing meritorious work in the field of self-employment and modern agriculture were honored with Uttam Kisan Samman in the year 2019.
Maa Nanda Shakti Samman
This ceremony is held for Women’s empowerment, promoting women’s sense of self-worth, their potential to determine their own choices, and their right to leverage the social changes for themselves and others. It is a fundamental human right that is also keyed to acquiring a more peaceful and prosperous world. For the first time in the year 2019, the Maa Nanda Shakti Samman Ceremony was organized at Jaipur, Rajasthan for the talents of Uttarakhand women, 21 women who achieved remarkable successes in different fields were given Maa Nanda Shakti Samman. Their struggle and definitive achievements have gained determined appreciation and respect.
In year 2021, 17 women were also given Maa Nanda Shakti Samman during a program held in Ludhiana, Punjab.
Names of the women who achieved distinguished successes in various fields were
- Smt. Sudesha Behen - Chipko Andolan and Save Seeds Movement
- Ms. Vasudha Rawat - Defeat disability. Successful apple grower and businessman
- Smt. Laxmi Rawat - acting, theater, and social service
- Ms. Meenakshi Khati - promotion and promotion of appen arts
- Hemlata Behen - for TB victim girl child nutrition and protection
- Smt. Kamala Goswami- Elected 4 times Panchayat representative from Patiala district (Punjab).
- Smt. Hema Negi Karasi - Music & Singing
- Smt. Kaushalya Joshi - Divyang Seva & Teaching
- Smt. Jagriti Kala - Yoga Education & Motivational Speaker
- Ms. Nivedita Karki - Sports (Boxing)
- Mrs. Soni Bisht - Pahari Mushroom (Chun) Production and Employment Generation
- Mrs. Binita Dhyani (Panchayat Member Kartia) - Village Reforms and Regional Development
- Mrs. Sushila Rawat - Acting, Film and Drama Direction
- Dr. Vijay Laxmi Sharma - literature and writing
- Mrs. Kanta Negi - education and self-employment
- Mrs. Namrata Kandwal - Eco Village and production of cannabis products
- Mrs. Anju Sharma - Education and Social Service